View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #89
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly6 View Post
OK so you guys are freaking me out a little bit...

18lb packer - of course, once you trim it, that is the weight that matters
Rub is salt and pepper with some garlic and celery salt - watch the salt, most folks that use both salt and celery salt end up too salty fairly often
15+ hours at 250-275 - Maybe, then again, maybe not
wrap in paper at internal temp around 165 -yes
pull from smoker at internal temp of 200ish - NO! Pull from smoker when the meat probes easily, poke a hole in paper, shove a metal skewer, ice pick or themometer probe in and see if it goes in easily
Let it sit in the oven at 200 until ready to slice - You could do that, or in a pre-warmed cooler if you are within a 3 to 4 hour window for serving.

Will this work fine or should I run around waving my hands all crazy like until i get tired where i fall to the ground and curl up into the fetal position until some magic brisket fairy delivers the perfect brisket to my door. Then the family will be able to enjoy some good Q and i get to suck meals through a straw for the rest of my existance in an institution...
My comments in red.

Oh, if you are going to cook at 250F, you will want to trim off most of the fat, leave just a little on the cap, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch of fat.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->