View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #75
Grizzly6
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
That's a great price! Is that a full packer? Just allow yourself enough time, if you get done ahead of schedule it will rest just fine and probably do it some good anyway. Try to trim away any excess fat off the bottom to try to get some overall uniform thickness to it. It should cook more evenly like that. Don't go overboard though, you still need some fat on the bottom. What are you cooking on anyways?
I'm cooking on my 55gal UDS. This thing will span the distance from side to side, but I am sure it will shrink as it cooks.

Thanks for the tips on trimming. It is a full packer with a smaller point, so I bought a chuck roast to additional burnt ends. I am also planning on a turkey for a family reunion this weekend. Should be a lot of fun and a challenge to get the food just right.

Plan for now is to fire up the UDS tomorrow at about 4pm, put the brisket on and run it all night. I figure by 5am the next morning it should be ready to wrap in the paper and finish after that. Pull it off the drum at noon and put the turkey on right after. 4 hours of that and it should be good to go.
Mini WSM (For the 11 yr old of course)
Extreme amounts of awesome to assist
11yr old who loves to cook, and an 8 yr old who is
getting interested
Grizzly6 is offline   Reply With Quote