View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #68
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
I do use the forum photo function. Like I said, PM me your e-mail and I will gladly send you larger pictures. I'm just not sure why they appear smaller on one screen to the next?
The new upload shows the pictures as 800x600, but it seems now the former 500x375 were resized making the picture not showing any more details (no need for another try). I'm just curious, because I use a batch resize function to process all pictures taken with my camera to get equal 640x480 throughout all my pics I upload to my photobucket account. Those JPGs have a small file size and display well in a forum thread with enough details for that purpose.

Quote:
As far as the salt, I just measured it out. 1/2 cup of DIamond Crystal Kosher (larger grain) weighs 85 grams and a 1/2 cup of Morton Kosher (smaller grain) weighs 150 grams. So, like I said, crystal size will affect how salty the same measurement as far as volume is.
So which of the two did you use for that simplified rub?

Quote:
I wouldn't trim the fat cap down to leave any less than 1/8 to 1/4 inch of it on the meat.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.