View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That's strange, I just took a look again, your pics are all 500x375, which is rather small. I don't know if it's because you used the forum attachment function, because I use photobucket therefor.

About the fat cap downwards, I have a foiled clay saucer in a foiled water pan without water in my WSM acting as a heatsink and -diffuser, so a fat layer as protection is not necessary in that case. Trimming the fat cap allows the smoke ring to also form on the downwards facing side, but I am not sure if trimming the fat cap has any impact on the juiciness of the resulting product.

I'll go shopping tomorrow, so I'll look out for un-iodized salt, but the major concern is the quantity depending on crystal size due to the lack of a conversion table for the salt I can get here. Could you tell me the weight of 1/2 cup Kosher Salt? Measuring in cups makes it difficult to compare, so measuring in weight is the solution to eliminate any error.