View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #532
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando991 View Post
This is a critique of the forum. Most forums allow you to see your own posts through your user control panel. This one apparently only lets admins search posts. I posted a question a week ago, and now can't find it to see if there's an answer. normally, I would "search all posts by rando991," but it won't allow me to do so.

Also, since I'm new to the forum (BUT not new to forums in general), I searched for answers to some issues I am interested in, but can't reply to the post because it is so many days old. What I am finding out, is this is a good forum, but information is button holed so tight, it makes it pretty useless...just try to ask a question that has a whole post devoted to it and watch everyone say "refer to this post" but when you do, you can't ask any questions because the thing has closed out. What would make this were to be a GREAT forum? Answer: 1) allow users to view all their own posts. 2) Don't close out topics because they are old. Too bad I won't see any responses to this, because in a week, I'll forget where I posted this critique. So I probably won't see your answer. I wish I could though...

We dont ever close threads. You probably have the 'forum display' setting set to 3 days or less. The bottom left of each forum has a display setting. Set it to a longer period.

You can also change the default permanently in your userCP.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote