View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #10006
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky66 View Post
Hmm...not sure I know what you mean. Why would I want to put a stack on it with a cap. Putting a cap on it is still closing it up. From what I've read from some of the early Pioneers in this thread, using a stack really is just for aesthetics and offers no improvement on air flow. I already have a ball valve on one of the 3/4" intakes. Honestly, I think it is just a matter of starting with way less pre-burned coals to start. Then I should be able to leave the exhaust open more. Going to try on my next cook.
Attachment 69858

My design is pretty much as simple as they get and I have not tried to reinvent the wheel here. I appreciate the feedback Razr.

Sparky

Sparky
Put the pipe in there so you have an easy way to close your drum up from the elements and to snuff the fire when your done. Secondly the stack will increase your draw and produce better flow and without stale smoke from capping the exhaust...
Future Smoker
$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!!

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
razrbakcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote