View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

What an awesome tutorial, bucc!!

If I may add one small tip - when you add the spices to the tomato onion mix, stir things around until you see the oil separate a little from the paste. Hard to describe but you will notice the change - from being somewhat homogenous, you will see the oil just ooze a bit from the paste if you stop stirring briefly. For some reason, I love the taste of turmeric, so most of my dishes have 1/2-3/4 tsp in them, thrown in with the other spices. It must be sauteed well, or else you can taste the raw turmeric.

And there are ways to cheat!! When I'm done with making the sauce and about to add the meat, I sometimes move everything over to the crockpot It works well for that part of the cook. Also, in India every household has at least 1 pressure cooker which is commonly used to make dal, beans, certain types of rice, and many meat dishes.

Thanks for posting this!
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->