View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #9927
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky66 View Post
Hey razrbackcrzy, thanks for the feedback. So how do you suggest I run it with a lid with a 2 1/2" bung? On the second point, I figured out by my post above that I was putting too many coals in to start with. On another note, the drum settled in last night and ran for 16 hours steady between 235-250. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and checked it and it was down to 210 so I kicked a few times and when I woke up it was at 235 right on target. I had the bung open half way with 1.5 intakes open. Next time for sure I'm shooting for half a chimney, maybe running with the bung all the way open?
Attachment 69827

thanks,

sparky
Try getting a 4-6" piece of PVC that will screw in that bung with a cap and see if that will hellp your issue...See Image...if that dosn't fix it in the second photo you can see a ball valve installed on the front air intake and that will let you close your intake down a little bit to help control you heat...Good luck....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2a.jpg (44.4 KB, 481 views)
File Type: jpg Auber_uds_action.jpg (55.4 KB, 482 views)
Future Smoker
$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!!

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
razrbakcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote