Thread: Best books
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
On the road to being a farker

Welcome to the other (the good) side of BBQ!

Few thoughts (personally I like books that have both good reading and good recipes) -
  • +1 on Myron and Chris Lilly's books, they're two that I've enjoyed and used more than most others.
  • Peace, Love, and Barbeque by Mike Mills
  • Smoke & Spice: Cooking With Wood, the Real Way to Barbeque by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison
  • Serious Barbecue by Adam Perry Lang has some good background info (i.e., basic flavor profiles in rubs/spices, sauces, etc.) and recipes
  • Legends of Texas BBQ by Rob Walsh
Here's a book thread in the roadmap section of the forum (i.e., hall of fame threads).

If you're new to the forums, it's definitely worth spending some time reading through MANY excellent threads in the roadmap section ( I read through the various brisket threads last weekend and learned a thing or 10!
[FONT=Magneto][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]En Fuego BBQ[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][INDENT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray][I]The Swashbucklers of Swine...[/I][I]Raiders of Ribs...Buccaneers of Brisket...Pillagers [/I][I]of Poultry...Marauders of's the Dred Pirate SchatzSea and Qrew from the mythical Isla del Fuego![/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray]The Qrew -- Smokiní Hot Wife, Two Smokiní Little Monkeys, and Two Hot Digity Dogs[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray]"Hello. My name is Inigo Pork-toya. You grilled my father. Prepare to fry."[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
SchatzSea is offline   Reply With Quote