View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #15
saychz316
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

im not sure if this qualifies as baked, but more as roasted.

here is a family favorite in my house.

red potato. skin and all. i cut them in half. i put them in a zipper bag, your choice what brand bag you use, with the following marinade that has been pre made for about 4 hours.

for 6 red's, this works good for me.

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or more. depends on you. adjust to the amount of reds you use. good evoo is spendy, so dont get too crazy with it.
1 very large teaspoon of either chopped roasted garlic ( i usually have some in sealed bags in my freezer for cooking), or the jarred crushed garlic you can buy at grocery store.
2 or 3 tablespoons of rosemary. up to you again here. fresh is always better, but dried will work too. i put a rough chop on the fresh.
a pinch of kosher salt and several grinds of black pepper to your liking. white pepper is always an option too. good for flavor, with a different look to it.

i put the "marinade" in a bag, so the flavors can kind of combine for about 1-4 hours. just depends on when my family makes the request, and how close to dinner we are.

i put the reds in the bag for about 30 minutes, give or take, before cook time.

then i put them on the top grill of my weber (its a hover grill from my smokenator 1000 kit) they usually cook in 30-35 minutes, depending on size of the potato, and the heat in the kettle.

i usually open top and bottom vents to full, and have some chicken or steak cooking on bottom grate.

forgot to mention, i use the weber 2 zone indirect cooking method. (the charcoal baskets they make you put to either side)

kevin
saychz316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->