View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Cayman1
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have one I use on my wsm. Love it. Used it saturday and kept 250 all day. Had a butt on lower grate and brisket on top. I also had ribs going on the offset. What a world of difference. Constant attention to offset but the wsm just kept cooking away. Sort of felt like I was neglecting it.

Auber customer service is first rate. I actually had a calibration problem with mine when I got it. Was reading 6 degrees too high. Tech rep walked me through the recalibration.

If you ever want to check a probe of any type, use ice water and not boiling water. Evidentially many factors determine at what temp water boils according to the tech guy.

The more you use the Auber, the more you will wonder how you ever got along without one.

I thought about the Stoker and Guru, but really didn't care about all the additional features they have plus the higher cost.

I removed one of the bottom dampers to mount the fan. Pick up two 3/4" plugs from Lowes for the other two holes and you can tape the fan tight, no air leaks.
Cayman1 is offline   Reply With Quote