View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkspencer View Post
I am currently in the process of building a controller using an Arduino. I wanted to take range out of the equation so rather than use something like ZigBee or Bluetooth I opted for a USB host shield. I had an old Android phone laying around which requests voltage reading from the Arduino and then it acts as a server that is connected wirelessly to my network. I have an Android Server app which I've written and an Android Client app which can connect to the server. You can set alarms and graph the temperatures. I can go out on a date with my wife and still check my temperatures even though I might be 30 minutes away. My eventual plan is to use a different micro controller with slightly more processing power and a wifi shield so that I can remove the need for an old android phone. The server software will run on the micro controller and the same Android client app which I've written will connect to and communicate with the device over the internet/intranet depending on how it is setup. I'm still in the early stages, but as I get farther along with it I will post more information here.
I'm not going to pretend to understand everything you said, but finally... someone is messing with an Android temp controller!!

Are you building a temp monitor or a PID type controller? Great job so far!
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote