View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
Porcine Perfection
is one Smokin' Farker

I thought I would update this thread with my opinion since I get such great opinions from everyone here. Give yourself a hand!

I did a couple of pork butts over the weekend and when I first set up the thermometer the temps were +20 degrees from the temp gauge on my WSM. I am not sure why, but as the cook progressed they went to with +5. I am not sure why. I took the butts off at 195 expecting to be able to pull them but they weren't cooked that much. I ordered a Thermapen since they are on sale and will hopefully get a better baseline.

The ET-732 was simple to set up and I never lost a connection. Hopefully there was some type of break in period and I will get more consistent temps going forward. For the first time that I can remember my legs are not hurting after a cook from going in and out all the time to check on my cook.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am glad I paid the extra money for the ET-732.