View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
FlashJim
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Now that most of the grill is dismantled, it's time to start cleaning and repairing.

Standard off the shelf Easy-Off was used to clean the bowl and lid. The after photo is after letting the Easy-Off do it's work for 20 minutes.

I used a citrus based cleaner on the entire grill after I rinsed the Easy-Off off. Now that it's all shiny and clean, it's time to fix everything that's broken and reassemble. The correct casters for the 2009 Performer is Weber part # 68238. The inserts are round.

The original insert had seen better days. It looks like the grill lost it's casters a long time ago.

To replace the insert, use pliers to twist and pull it out of the leg. Not much force is needed. Chances are it can be done by hand.

This is definitely the correct replacement part. The new insert just pops right in.

The replacement caster clicks in with little effort.

The next thing to address is the bent front frame. It appears that something heavy hit the lid and table.

I measured the rear frame and bent the front to match. Adjustments were easy because the frame is easily bent.

FlashJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->