View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 07-28-09
Location: Melbourne, Florida

You can translate the +5 volt control voltage to +12 volts by using a transistor, FET, or some other type of switching.

Connect the +5v (suitably limited) to the Base (transistor), or Gate (FET) and put the +12v on the collector (transistor), or drain (FET), again suitably current limited.

Here's a really good place to start. Bob did a good job of explaining how his works.

Lead Cook 'Second Star BBQ' using a Big Orange 'Prince', 22 OTG, SJS FBA & KCBS CBJ
rksylves is offline   Reply With Quote