View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodman
Alot of folks feel this way. My wife and kids don't really like them. Try serving them with mole which is also an aquired taste! I find that Mexican cuisine is really the richest and most earthy of all the major cuisines. I cannot get enough of it! My two favorite restaraunts (both in Chicago) are Rick Bayless' place "Frontera Grill /Topolobompo" and a restaraunt started by a former Bayless deciple "Salpicon" on North Wells. Anyone in Chicago, or planning on travelling there should definitely make the effort to try either of these. You will drop a lot of coin at either though! Wood
Bayless' place is great (are great?). Never tried Salpicon. I'll put that on my list. The best tamales are in the ethnic neighborhoods and certain suburbs. There used to be a place in Elgin (west 'burbs) called La Taqueria Tremenda that had incredible tamales. I would stop by on my way home from work and buy a dozen for $6, including a quart of their homemade salsa! I think the restaurant is still there, but the family that owned it sold it and returned to Mexico several years ago.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote