View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here's the thing.......

I didn't vote on which was easier to NAIL because I wasn't sure that (for me) there was a winner. I also think "nailed" or "mastered" is very relative. I consider cooking a rack of ribs that are not only edible, but taste good, to be a success. Especially if it's only the first or second time out. I've cooked MANY a rack of ribs and still don't know if I'd say I've mastered them. I make dang good ribs, but "master"? As I said....it's a relative term.

As for which is easier to "master".....I don't think it's real difficult for either method. If you understand the principals of BBQ and can follow general directions, you'll get it done satisfactorily. The very first time I tried to cook ribs, I did a 3-2-1 sort of thing and they ended up way too soft. They were really good, but falling off the bone. Ruined? Heck no. Mastered? Naaa. Those were low n slow. Second time out.....less time in foil.....ended up GREAT!

As far as HNF.....the first time out I was trying to see if I could cook ribs at 300 with no foil since I had to cook 24 racks of ribs for a party the next weekend. I found out that I could indeed. Mastered? Wouldn't say so, but they came out fine on the first try.

I'm curious to see where this goes, but I have to say it still seems relative to me and a matter of personal opinion. What is the perfect rack of ribs for one person may be dogfood for the next. Now, we have to assume that most folks who have cooked both HNF and LNS and done each a few times know the difference between good ribs and bad ribs, but still......"mastered"?

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from underneath me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'"
-Abraham Lincoln
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote