View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I'm the opposite, I take the skin off before curing and make cracklins with it. Smoking with the skin on and then removing it leaves one side of the bacon unsmoked...

Also the cure doesn't penetrate the skin, removing it will move the process along a bit faster.

I don't wet cure my bacon, so I'm not sure how to address your question exactly... in my dry cure I use granulated garlic (size of sand granuals) and a little goes a long way for sure!

I'd advise starting off a bit conservative and make adjustments on your next batch. Can't go wrong with that!

Edit: Also, check out Cowgirl's blog for more info if you haven't already - http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote