View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #9675
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code 6 Chuck View Post
So I jumped on the bandwagon and built one of these mofos. Keep in mind that I have all the mechanical ability of a jar of mayonnaise, so this thing is definitely heavy on the Ugly. In fact my fire basket is such a travesty I think it may qualify as an abortion in some states. Here's a picture of the finished product:

HOWEVER....
This thing does what everyone says it would do. It holds temperatures like a champ. I loaded up my "special needs" fire basket and let 'er rip in order to season the drum and experiment to see just how long I could get the charcoal to last. Got it settled in at 5:30 last night using the ball valve and it held between 230-250 until I went to bed. Got up in the morning and the temp had dropped to about 200, but a slight adjustment brought it back into BBQ temperature range.

This is a picture of my thermometer TWENTY SEVEN HOURS LATER:

Good lord that is efficient.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I just seasoned it using some scraps and some bacon. Gonna throw something good on there soon and will report back!
As long as it does the job don't worry about the looks. We all dated ugly people at one time or another
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote