View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadhunter911 View Post
Congrats Wampus. We'll be praying for you.

Mind if I ask what you'll be cooking on? My church is looking at starting a team and selling at the local farmers market next year (get out and mingle with the community, let 'em know we're out there and what we're doing, and feed 'em some good Q). I'm hoping we can do this on some drums. We don't really want to spend big $$$ on some other type smoker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Wampus and his partner recently got a Jambo so I'm just guessing...
ACTUALLY.....

We'll be doing the bulk (if not all) of our catering and vending on an Ole Hickory CTO that Jimmy's had for a couple of years. He got it for a farkin song and I've personally put 20 butts on it and still had room to spare. The CTO's are propane assisted, fan and thermostatically controlled, so an IDEAL machine for getting sleep and such. We can do wood or charcoal or gas on it. It will be our money-maker.

The Jambo will be for competition cooking or will be used for show/flash at places like farmer's markets or big vending events where we want to impress folks.

This weekend, for instance, we'll have the Jambo and an adjacent camp to do our normal competition routine, but will also have the CTO there and a different tent for vending out of with "hired" (read: family) help so Jimmy and I can stay focused for turn-ins.

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from underneath me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'"
-Abraham Lincoln
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->