View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #87
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag76 View Post
So you are not saying to always put your brisket on the pit fat side down? That is what I thought you meant.

Or are you saying that whether you put the fat cap up or the fat cap down is dependent on your type of pit - i.e., fire in a fire box on the side of the pit (fat cap up) vs fire on the bottom of the pit below the meat (fat cap down)?

I plan on watching the videos when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Fat, foil, butcher paper, plastic wrap (which is what I use mostly) all those things are tools rules that one may need to pull out depending on circumstance. I meant this:

Whether you put the fat cap up or the fat cap down is dependent on your type of pit - i.e., fire in a fire box on the side of the pit (fat cap up) vs fire on the bottom of the pit below the meat (fat cap down)---- basically where your most aggressive heat comes from. I have a pit that has a very hot diverter plate because the smoke travels under it before it enters the main chamber.

Lots of guys that have softer pits (that means they are gentle or run gentle) put that fat up.

I can say one thing... my rub is pretty cool because I wrap my stuff tighter than anyone with foil and it gets immersed in its own juices but when it sits a while it pops back.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->