View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #55
Myrdhyn
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post

So why is MY bark so stellar? Look where coffee, lemon and vinegar is on the scale. What goes on my meat in the end? Lemon Pepper. Also, many Texas cooks use Sour Salt or Citric Acids on their rubs... why... increases the acidity (of what you are putting it on), which in my opinion, releases acidic proteins in the meat to a gooey residue on the outside. But there is a trick of terminology. The things we think of as acidic, Battery Acid, Lemon Juice, Vinegar... are all actually ALKALINE. Remember, pure water has a neutral pH of 7. - pH values lower than 7 are acidic, and pH values higher than 7 are alkaline (basic).
I've got mountains of respect for you as a BBQer. Seriously you are one of my favorite people to read and learn from, so please do not take this as an insult: However, the bolded statement is simply not true. Vinegar and lemon juice, etc are all acidic not alkaline. The PH of lemon juice and vinegar are both between 2 and 3.

Now, on topic: I'm super excited to see this. Brisket looks excellent and I've been waiting to see this recipe since Boshizzle posted the teaser shots the other day :D I may have to try this very soon.

Thanks from: --->