Remember, brethren, this is version 1.0. I put this post up to foster discussion. I think we have had some great discussion so far. But, this experiment is far from over.
This is the bark I started with before the BlackHawk experiments -
This is where I am at with the version 1.0 of the BlackHawk brisket -
I am seeking a way of improving that using a hot and fast method with foil.
I'm stubborn and I'm too old to want to do long cooks nowadays that cause me to lose sleep.
That's the motivation behind my madness.
So, I encourage all of you to experiment and to build on what I posted. There is more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way to cook a good brisket. I hope that my post will stir some innovation.
Pitmaster T is a brisket expert. So, I value his input too. I am really liking this thread and the way the discussion is going.