View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #9556
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
I noticed the meat dripping directly on it a couple of times , which had me questioning if directly under the center of the grate was a good spot for it. I may just pick up another one , I liked being able to check temperature at any point from the center to the sidewall just by sliding it in or out of the fitting , but there was the dripping thing. I think cold weather may have killed my last one, I woke up one morning after a hard freeze and it was pegged all the way to the bottom , and I couldn't get it to move back up , even in boiling water.
Those thermos are designed to be used in hot oil, I can't imagine a little warm juice from meat is gonna kill the probe. I did kill an el cheapo one by getting my uds up around 450 with lump and running wide open for chicken. The next time I tried a cook, it was reading about 100deg. low. Popped in another $5 cheapie of same make and model and never had another problem.

Cannondale 2009 F8 (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote