View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #40
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
CafePress allows its Shopkeepers to choose which printing methods to offer with their designs, or allows the customers to pick which option best suits them. Direct Printing and Heat Transfer each have distinct benefits that you will want to consider. Please note: Sometimes, CafePress only offers one printing style on certain apparel items.
Direct Printing

With Direct Printing, we print direct-to-fabric with no transfers. The result is a matte image that moves with the garment because the ink is actually embedded in the fabric for ultimate wearable comfort. After a few washes, you will notice the great durability of Direct Printing. That means greater image staying power.

The benefits of Direct Printing
  • Great washability - no fading
  • No feel of ink on the fabric (the ink is in the fabric)
  • No cracking
  • No transfer lines
Things to keep in mind with Direct Printing
  • Colors are not as vibrant as Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer

Heat Transfer is as durable as screen-printing, but offers more detail. Heat Transfer uses heat to create a bond between the resin and the T-Shirt, locking the ink between the two layers. Heat Transfer has a slight plastic feel when first worn, however, this feel will diminish after washing.

The benefits of Heat Transfer
  • Vibrant colors - great for photos and detailed imagery
  • Good washability, fading happens over the first few washes
Things to keep in mind with Heat Transfer
  • May crack on ribbed garments
  • Has a slightly stiffer feel
  • Transfer outline may be visible with some designs
  • May yellow over time
My experience, and just my opinion, is the heat transfer tee shirts do not breath as well as all the pores of the material have been sealed by the transfer sheet. This causes a sweaty belly, and I hate a sweaty belly, unless sex is involved........

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote