OKAY..we didn't do much work today BUT we did do our first test run so I'm okay with the lack of progress.
This is a shot of the completed firebox. One of the springs looks a bit shorter and that is only because I bent it a bit while we were welding it to the damper. Also, we hit the firebox walls with a temp gun and the surface temps never rose above 130 degrees..
We had to bust the first-up out for shelter... Horrible rain for the first half of the day..
Next shot is the biscuit test--as promised. The first 8 inches or so was quite a bit hotter than the rest of the chamber..BUT if you look at the biscuits, you'll see that the temps were dead on everywhere else...very minor fluctuations from one side to the other...We were very happy about this!
The brisket was a beaut. Possibly one of the best I've had..which was a surprise to us because of the horrible conditions and other obstacles.
There you have it, folks! More to come next week!