View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksmith View Post
No proclamation has an expiration date. But most individual contest proclamations list the name and date of an event. If that date includes a year, then the proclamation is good for only that year according to the AR. That is contradictory to previous KCBS guidance. According to the Royal, this has always been the case from their perspective, but they have relied on KCBS to make sure the contests were up to date.
Doc, I don't think the organizers are to blame here for two reasons.
1. When we are given a sample proclamation to follow and the sample has a date with a year on it..and we're told it's fine, why should we question the sanctioning body?
2. At least in our state, ya don't get to exactly draft the proclamation for the governor. We sent a copy of the sample we were given and it came back with a date with year.

My thoughts would be that once a contest is proclaimed a state championship by the governor, it would from then on be one. I'm fully sure it was intended to be that way.

One thing is for sure....somebody who knew about the decision should be contacting these organizers. Not everybody reads this board.
Speaking solely for myself, and not representing KCBS or the board....

Just because you've heard nothing to date, doesn't mean that nothing is being done. If you have specific concerns feel free to email me at gmullins@kcbs.us. I'll provide my cell # at that point if you'd like to discuss it personally.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote