View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJon View Post
BBQ Bandit thank you for your great feedback. It is all great stuff, however, unless I am missing something I do not see anything which references my questions. I know you are a bit of a Lang expert so can you please confirm:

The location of the vent / smokestack on the inside and whether there is a second partial plate. Some pics would be great!

Thanks again, Jon.

The cooking grates sit on the baffle which runs full depth (front to back); starting directly above the firebox opening running (right to left) approx 95% full width which then allows the smoke to rise than 'reverse flows' in a left to right direction above the grates and the meats. The smoke stack is a top mounted location which does not drop below the upper surface of the chamber.

The cross section of the baffle is a wide and shallow "V" shape and with a built-in slope... allowing grease to channel and funnel to an outside drain below.

Former smokers;
Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD

Last edited by BBQ Bandit; 04-01-2012 at 09:31 PM..
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote