View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #170
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJon View Post
Thank you. I am particularly interested in your lower / variable chimney stack design and whether this is similar to other reverse flow offset smokers from Lang and Meadow Creek or whether this is a totally new approach.

Are there any Lang / Meadow Creek owners out there who could confirm the location of the vent / chimney stack on the inside of the cooking chamber on their smokers and perhaps post a pic? The chimney / vent on a Lang appears to come from the highest point of the cooking chamber.

I am currently thinking of buying one and one of the criticisms I have read is that they burn a lot of wood / charcoal and I was wondering if perhaps this approach will have any effect on this. Perhaps this is what you wish to test...
Its a design I tested on my smaller smoker and liked the results so I added it to this one to see how it pans out. I will post the results for all to see. I also wanted everything completely adjustable from the intake, to the reverse flow return plate gap to the stack length, to the exhaust flapper. I am a hot rodder by nature and learned more than a couple things about intake runner length, and exhaust scavaging over the years. Figured, what could it hurt. Its just some extra time with the welder and a chunk of pipe. Besides it worked on the smaller smoker with a three inch pipe.

So if my theory and other tests scale up I am good. If not I can shorten the length and still keep it adjustable from the top all the way down to the grill deck. Test runs start either tomorrow or next week. Waiting on the call from my painter right now.

Last edited by Triple T BBQ; 03-31-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Triple T BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->