View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #169
SmokinJon
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
As for the chimney/stack I wanted the nice Looking chrome stack we have all come to lust over from the jambo pits on tv. At the same time I wanted to experiment with a larger and more adjustable stack on this build. It may get changed again but I am pretty sure it will work like the smaller version I did before. Stale smoke and being able to raise it high enough off the rack is my only concern. Again easily fixed with the plasma cutter too. I purposely left the design of the inner adjustable sleeve long. Just in case.
Thank you. I am particularly interested in your lower / variable chimney stack design and whether this is similar to other reverse flow offset smokers from Lang and Meadow Creek or whether this is a totally new approach.

Are there any Lang / Meadow Creek owners out there who could confirm the location of the vent / chimney stack on the inside of the cooking chamber on their smokers and perhaps post a pic? The chimney / vent on a Lang appears to come from the highest point of the cooking chamber.

I am currently thinking of buying one and one of the criticisms I have read is that they burn a lot of wood / charcoal and I was wondering if perhaps this approach will have any effect on this. Perhaps this is what you wish to test...