View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Japanese Inspired BBQ Plate (Pr0n)

I cooked today for a Throwdown and thought I'd push myself to try something different and went with a Japanese inspired plate.

Started with these ingredients (some non-Japenese ingredients snuck in there):

I found some old posts by Landarc with recipes for a teriyaki marinade and glaze and combined them with a book recipe and one off the internet. I whipped up the teriyaki marinade and a glaze and put a couple of St. Louis spares into the marinade for a few hours and then put them on the Egg.

After a few hours of applying a teriyaki glaze every 35-45 minutes, they were tender and ready to pull off:

As the ribs rested, I fired up the Mini Egg for searing and thought I'd try using the flap off of the back of the spares for a little Yakitori style grilling(rubbed with SM Season All & Spicy Apple - Not exactly japanese but I'd already applied the rub before I thought to skewer them):

The I seared a thin cut teriyaki rib eye steak:

Then stuck a 2 quart dutch oven with hot oil onto the Mini and fried up some tempura veggies:

Assembled a combo plate in the form of a bento box:

Dinner was good! Thanks for looking!

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, Santa Maria Grill, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!

Last edited by R2Egg2Q; 03-26-2012 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: said marinade when I meant glaze
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->