View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #96
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbossJB View Post
That's a great looking build. I too have some concerns about the height of the firebox hole, I think I would put the exhaust on the same end as the firebox and direct the smoke down underneath and distribute it with tuning plates. JB
Thank you, thank you.

The firebox outlet won't be an issue. It was placed at that level for a specific purpose. The exhaust is already cut, so this would be problem one. The second problem with making a rf with this build is the height; as you can see, if we tried to do this, we would run out of room. The tuning plates, cooking surface and exhaust would all have to fit above the firebox outlet for that to work. We didn't want a rf build. The layout we chose will disperse heat evenly across the entire cooking surface. We paid a lot of attention to the science that goes with building an efficient smoker. One of these days we'll have results to share!
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote