View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #9323
Kenn007BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Lamb on the New UDS

Tried injection for the first time....ummmm.. i think something went wrong cause a lot of the injection just ran out. I used a teriyaki glaze then seasoned with garlic blend and seaoning salt

Here she is my new UDS with cherry red paint

Laoded up with 15 lbs of stubbs and and 5 lbs frontier lump and 5 chunks of cherry wood

Here is the inside setup of the UDS

got the temp up to 275 and put the food on. Winds drove the temp up to 350 at one point. I just closed the intakes and after 30minutes it dropped down to 315 degrees. after 3 hours I foiled the lamb shank and let it go for nearly 2 more hours before pulling it. I OVERCOOKED it. the internal temp was 201 degrees when it came off the UDS. Here's what it looks like fresh off the UDS.

Came out not as moist as I wanted it. but the flavor was really good and the smoke was very mild. I thought it would be much heavier with 5 peices of cherry wood. Thank you to all who shared their advice on this thread. I already have two orders for UDS's. Nobody out here hardly knows about these things. When I got the barrels people kept thinking that I would buiild it horizontally not vertically.