View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #9311
WvSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
I am planning on a pretty standard build, only slight difference is how I handle the lid. Since this will live outside, I am reluctant to drill 8 holes around the edge of the lid because it'll just fill up with rainwater. I know I could get a cover but since these things stay hot for so long afterwards, I expect it'll get rained on before I can get a cover on. Also, I've been known to grill in the rain.

So the side exhaust is interesting for my needs, and I can imagine the benefits, but I think I'm going to cut a 2" hole in the lid, opposite side form the ball valve intake, and then use a short stack with a threaded cap to seal things up.

So otherwise, I think it'll be a pretty conventional build.
Make sure you weld or otherwise seal the stack to the lid. Saturday morning I found out the hard way that my cover has a hole in it. Had a half basket full of mush and an inch of water in the drum. It leaked in around the lock nut that holds the stack on.

My name is Monty, dad, or grandpa...depending on who you are.
WvSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote