It's from a recipe from the Egg forum several years ago.
Here was my adaptation:
Source: Adapted from Frank From Houma
2 bags Fritos Scoops*
1 lb ground beef 93% lean*
1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup salsa or Homemade enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp roasted red pepper, finely diced
2 Tbsp cilantro, finely diced
- Preheat a charcoal grill set up for indirect heat to 350f*.
- Mix the beef (yes, raw), cheese, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, red pepper and cilantro thoroughly.
- Pick out the 48 most perfectly formed Frito Scoops from the two bags.
- Stuff about 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture into each Frito Scoop.
- Roast on the grill until the meat registers an internal temperature of 165f which should be right at 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with Southwestern Sauce (2 parts homemade ranch dressing, 2 parts homemade enchilada sauce, 1 part sour cream)
Full post here: http://www.nibblemethis.com/2012/03/...ness-food.html