View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
Bearbonez
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The only thing new I will be looking at is the trailer and smoker. What I need for the health dept and the layout to optimize efficiency in cooking will be much easier to just get new, unless I get lucky..I am keeping an eye in several places. I did see a trailer on ebay for a 28' trailer fully equipped with a 8' stick burner on a screened in porch, with new range, fryer and fridge for $26k. The trouble is that, without even getting the details on the smoker, that price seems way low compared to competitors and the ebay ratings seem contrived, so I am more than skeptical. Seems like a scam.
Anyway, The smoker I will find used and we have 2 big used restaurant supply places here as well as craigslist, so I will be utilizing those. I have asked for advise in a few forums on what type of smoker and the consensus is that a stick burner is the only way to go in central TX. I didn't think that the showmanship of a stick burner vs a commercial gas assist would make that much of a difference, but it seems I was wrong in that thinking.
I have some cooking to do on my gator in the meantime to figure out the best way to retherm brisket and pork and keep the integrity of it.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle
Bearbonez is offline   Reply With Quote