Originally Posted by JMSetzler
I did a little bit of air sealing yesterday on the ash pan and lower air vent to see if I can improve the airflow into this cooker. Upon closer inspection of the air vent after removing it from the pan, I found several sources of probable airflow issues. I used some high temp rtv silicone around the vent and a few other places to see if I can better control it. If those mods are successful, as I believe they will be, I'll post some photos of what I did....
Glad you were able to find those areas, sealing them up is going to help quite a bit. A small leak of air around the vent area is killer on a cooker like this. Can't wait to see the pics.