View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #85
smokeyw
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nice review I'm impressed with the product for the price. I think it is well worth the money. Some have expressed concern that the paint may not hold up so well but I don't share that concern. I think it will last fairly well if you take care of the product and keep it out of the weather and it would be easy enough to paint it if needed. The only concern I have is that the removable ash pan seal won't hold up over time with the constant removal and cleaning process. If I buy one (and I probably will), I may just put a pan in the bottom to catch the ashes and then pick it up and dump it. If it ever did start leaking air, you could just seal it shut with high temp caulking as one option, or I suppose you could replace the gasketing if you could find some that fit. I have to believe there is a reason some of the others haven't gone with a removable base (other than added cost). Anyway, I don't see that as a huge issue since I think it could be easily resolved one way or another. Nice job JM.