View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dat View Post
Excellent review JM! A suggestion for not overshooting the temp. On my Bubba Keg, I start a pretty small fire right in the middle. I do it with a torch, or a starter cube. I close the lid and open the vents all the way. I just watch the temp slowly climb until it gets close to where I want it, and close the vent almost all the way. Then I just open it a little at a time until I'm where I want to be. Takes a little time, but this way you never end up with a fire thats bigger than what you need.
That's pretty much what I did here and the upcoming video will show it. I use a weber starter cube in the bottom of the fire box to get things going. I probably just didn't shut down the air soon enough but we're still hanging in there at 270-275 at the 4 hour mark. I'm good with that. It has gotten as low as 263 according to my Maverick but I haven't touched the vents since the 1 hour mark. The bottom vent is still all the way close and the top vent is just cracked barely open.