View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #74
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks Brad. It looks like it has a basic router/bridge settings in it so it can connect with your wireless router. It also seems to have a basic web server in it to allow you to browse to the unit and see the prop temps. Thats all good. I can either open up a port on the home firewall to this unit and only allow port 80 traffic to come through, or I can setup and SSL (Secure Tunnel) across the internet to smoker controller. What I am really interested in is if it has anyway to send out information, say like email, log files, etc so one could allow it to post info to another application or even a social network site. I may have to write something to poll the web interface and then repost it then.

Any idea what the default password is for the admin screen? Will start with admin and password once I locate a 12volt transformer to use with this thing. Frankly I am a little under impressed with the whole thing so far. Nice idea but is needs a bit of refinement in my opinion.