View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Thanks for the great review. I've seen it before and wasn't willing to take a chance on an unknown product with other good product out there. But, this has given me second thoughts.

I would be very interested in knowing what the range of the remote is - especially with transmitting to partially below-grade basements and such.

And, just because I'm a geek, I would love to see a graph of the pit temps as it is coming up to temp. I have these for my Pitmaster iQ. I was shocked when I did it a third time (with different charcoals each time) the graphs were almost exactly the same each time. It was interesting to see how it stepped the temp.

I might be in the market for a second controller later this summer, so please keep us updated as to any reliability issues or such.
As far as the range, I did not get a chance to truly test it but I can say that with the UDS running in my driveway, I never had issues with the remote connecting anywhere in the house. On my next cook with the controller I will see how far I can go.

I believe the seller did say that graphing will be in the next release of the software for the wifi model. At least he knows there is interest in this feature and I would think it will be added soon enough. For my model, graphing isn't an option.

I will definitely keep this thread up to date and I will try to be a little more statistical in the next cooks by logging times and temps. A buddy wants me to cook some butts this weekend so I might set it up for a good old fashioned low and slow cook as I now usually cook much hotter (better things to do with my time mod ).
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote