View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious View Post
Thanks for the review. does the fan stir up the ash and blow it around the UDS?
I did not notice any issues. Even at full speed, the air flow isn't that excessive. Granted, with the UDS running it is difficult to see all the way down to the bottom through the smoke but I definitely did not notice flying ash up by the meat when I opened the lid. I will monitor this more and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTX View Post
I'm curious about the temp. differences when you had it laid out on the counter, shouldn't they be the same?
Good catch The differences are due to how I was running tests. I had the fan blowing on the ends of the probes which cooled them down. Then I would pick one up and hold it tightly to warm it up. This is how I was simulating a heat increase on the pit or meat probes so I could see how it all functioned. During the cook, the temps were different as well but that was more due to the placement of the probes in the cooker. When I first turned it on, the probes were within 2 degrees of each other probably because of where they were sitting and my handling of them. As the cook progressed, the difference grew but I don't think it was ever more than 25* difference. Based on the placement in the UDS where one probe was sitting directly over the heat (no diffuser) on the grate and the other was 6" higher and 6" from the drum wall towards the front, I can accept the difference in temps.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->