View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #482
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie barbecue2 View Post
I like the site and I use it. The one thing I don't like is the line beneath your avitar that says your looking for wood, or knows what a match is. It's a bit of an insult. I pay to be on here. I have my own wood and I am not looking. If you want to rate someone on how much they comment, Put a counter up that is easier and doesn't insult a person just because they may sit back and not comment even though they are paying the subscription.
We eliminated the counters long ago. Counters cause post pumping and counter wars and encourages useless posting just to increase the counts. The ranks were put in place by the founding members in the early days of the forum to have some fun and to decrease the post pumping which was becoming rampant. Post count contests were constantly cropping up and the forum was getting cluttered with useless posts.

We use ranks instead of counters. The ranks advance and the titles change as you journey thru our culture, as explained here.

No one pays to be here. The forum is free so you can be here without paying. The subscriptions are voluntary, are very much appreciated and help to support the costs and overhead. If the titles, which are supposed to be amusing, offend you, and you consider the subscription purchase 'paying to be here' I will gladly refund your $25.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->