View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

I've done the stuffed burger thing, its great, but some of the stuffing leaks out.. so i stopped stuffing, and started spooning. :) Also, i like to cook them in the MOAB or BYC, in the hot spots. The come out a cool red color and are super juicy. Cookem a little higher temps than usual. Like offset roasting around 350 pretty close to the heat. The frozen 1/3 lbers from costco cook in about 30 minutes.

For the burgers, I mix some caremlized and chopped onion and garlic, worsey sauce and a rub of choice into the ground beef, then make 3/4 lb burgers and grill(or Q) them to med rare. EDIT: forgot to mention. Form the burger with raised sides on one side. Kind of like the way you would make a pizza. You want the edges to be higher so you can spoon stuff into it when they are done. The higher edges stops stuff from leaking out. Got this technique from Dirty Dick at the Jack in 2004. He submitted it in the "anything but" event.

While the burgers cook, sautee in butter on the sidecar ... mushrooms, onions, bacon(almost cooked) and chipotles. When the burges near done, Add a load of blue cheese or gorgonzola to the mix and stir it till the cheese begins melting but leaving some chunks.. the mixture should be pretty thick, somewhat gooey. If ya want, just to say ya had the veggies, throw in a few baby greens till they wilt.

Spoon that over the burger. Serve it on toasted garlic rolls. Oh man.. die and go to heaven after that.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote