View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Stick burner in the Making

Let me start by saying that I am not a professional welder or metal man! Some of my work may get ugly as I go but the finished product should be acceptable. This is a father/son project. Me and the old man have been wanting to try our luck at comps so we figured we'd create our own weapon, rather than taking out a loan for a Jambo!
  • I recently had a local shop roll, seam, and cap a 6' x 28" dia chamber from 3/16 carbon steel. $453.00
  • I bought a 21' (tongue to tail) boat trailer that will never again see a boat. $250.00
  • I'm having the local shop sheer the steel for my firebox--double layered 1/4 with a ceramic wool insulation. fb= $450.00-475.00; insulation $N/A
  • I plan on buying a chrome diesel stack but may have to go cheap and buy a plain ole' steel pipe.. $N/A

I only have time to work on the project one day a week (Saturday), but I'll do my best to document my progress. Unfortunately, I don't have a shop to work from so we worked all day in the below freezing temps (there's nothing like windburn). I was so preoccupied that I didn't take more than a few photos Didn't get much done on day 1...removed some rust/paint, cut a few sections of square pipe from the rear of the trailer, removed the winch and other "boat parts"... The welder was giving static so no new supports were added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smoker 1.jpg (72.5 KB, 2162 views)
File Type: jpg smoker 2.jpg (113.9 KB, 2157 views)
File Type: jpg smoker 3.jpg (94.5 KB, 2164 views)
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->