I finally got around to some of the adjustments that I wanted to do before sandblasting and painting.
Here I have intalled my new wheels. Those tiny caster I had on before were not going to cut it! At some point in the future, this cooker will likely be on a trailer so I have just bolted the the wheels to plates that are welded on the legs.
Added some utensil pegs to one of the shelf supports.
And finally, I welded in a temp. probe holder. For me this is an upgrade over setting the temp probe on the the actual cooking grates, as it seems like the probe is always in the way.
Still not sure when I will get around to painting this baby, as soon as I opened my mouth about having nice weather we are returning to our normal highs in the mid 20's, going to have be warmer than that for me to paint it. No point in having the sandblasting done until immediately prior to painting so I am holding out for the weather! No big deal though, just gives me more time to see if there are any additional upgrades/alterations I should make.