View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #260
mclancey
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Smokerhead started in 2011, here's boxes from my first four comps.

^^^A Little Crowded. I didn't do real well with garnish in any of these.^^^

^^^Lets put those 2 front and center. The black marks are for flavor.^^^

^^^just throw it in.....^^^

^^^Cut Giant burnt ends and hide the slices in the back, also make sure you pick random slices and make sure they don't look alike^^^

^^^Would anyone like a pink chicken nugget, that's not the camera doing that, that was what color they were. Pool Liner Lettuce^^^

^^^Poorly cut, dirty ribs just wrecking that beautiful garnish^^^

^^^I really have no words for this one.....Sorry? I guess? at least it hid the garnish.^^^

^^^ Here's my brownsket and i made the edges of slices nice and crumbly, I need a glass of water.^^^^

^^^The chicken itself, I think looks pretty good. Could just be in a better order. Too bad I hid it in sauced lettuce. Appearance scores - 9,9,8,7,7,6^^^

^^^well, i cooked 6 racks of ribs so I might as well use one from each rack....right? Appearance scores - 9,8,8,8,7,6^^^

^^^Those were some nice judges. Appearance scores - 9,8,8,8,7,7^^^

^^^ You've seen me do a lot worse. Appearance scores - 8,8,8,7,7,7^^^

^^^this is a lettuce and parsley box with some chicken hidden in it. Somehow it scored well though. Appearance scores - 9,9,9,9,8,8 and took 4th place.^^^

^^^I think I managed to do everything wrong in a box without having it be a DQ. Appearance scores - 9,9,8,7,7,7^^^

^^^Another parsley jungle with some lost pork. Appearance scores - 9,9,9,8,7,6^^^

Through the help of this thread and by doing some judging, by my fifth comp I got a little more consistant with the box appearance scores:
(Concentrating on the boxes also made me forget to take pics of them)

Chicken - 8,8,8,8,8,7
Ribs - 9,9,9,8,8,8
Pork - 9,9,9,8,8,8
Brisket - 9,9,9,8,8,8
mclancey is offline   Reply With Quote