View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #33
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

This is my first throwdown. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to fire up the grill today... it was 65 and sunny with no wind, and that never happens in Illinois on the first day of February. The meatball throwdown and upcoming superbowl inspired me for this one. I was gonna make spinach/artichoke dip for the game, but I've been craving meatballs since the meatball throwdown. So I decided to sort of combine the two. I decided to make meatballs stuffed with the spinach/artichoke mixture and make a fondue to dip my balls in.... meatballs that is. Oh, and I had some extra meat and stuffing so I made a mini fattie stuffed with the mixture.
First of all I got the meatballs and fattie going on the 22 OTG set up indirect with a chunk of apple for the smoke.

Here is another pic when they were about done

These are the players for a white wine cheese sauce, parmesan, jarlsberg, smoked gouda, monterey jack and extra sharp white chedder with some appropriate white wine.

Here is the final product, use this photo. Since the game is coming up, I used a football shaped wax warmer with a small stoneware pot in place of a fondue pot to keep the cheese sauce warm.