Concession Plan in motion
Hello I wanted to share my plans and potentially gather some lessons learned for you concession/vending veterans. Here is where I am
1. Business Plan pretty much done, but when is it really should be a living document. Need a bit more work on the marketing plan, have it in my head but need to get down on paper.
2. Have contacted HD and reviewed all the trailer requirements and they have been very helpful.
3. Talked with City and County lics and permits, will submit once LLC formed.
4. Attorney finalizing the LLC
5. My Accountant is on board and waiting LLC completion to do his submissions.
6. WWW site registered and slowly coming together
1. I am not required to be servsafe certified but there is a class being held in two weeks so I signed up and already studying. This can only be a good thing.
2. Researching trailer vendors
3. Researching cookers
So the biggest capital investment is the trailer and this is where I could use some of our considerations
The menu is based on PP, Brisket, Chicken, sausage and the usual sides and daily specials such as ABT's Fatty sliders ribs etc....
As far as NSF appliances I am still nailing down what I want/need but fridge. freezer, fryer, oven,, holding oven and flat top. Not sure what is the best in regards to holding the pulled pork, sliced brisket if I should do this with a hot hold prep station or what.
So a few questions
1) what do you guys do for the PP and brisket I envision having full butts and briskets resting in the holding oven.
2) How do you guys deal with ice and drinks? just a cooler, this is allowed here with proper handling. I do plan on having sweet tea and fresh squeezed lemonade that I will need to serve up.
3) Do you use a point of sale system on board, sure make sense in my mind. If so what do you use?
As always open to general discussion on this and would love to hear from some of you seasoned folks out there!
Ole Hickory EL IB, WSM 18 & 22, Jacks Old South insulated, Weber Preformer