View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
DaveMW
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here is my submission for the "Make it Funky" throwdown. Charcoal Grilled Cajun Turkey Breast with Alabama White Sauce, "Crash" Hot Potatoes and Homemade Sourdough Bread.
The Alabama White Sauce is the funkiest of the BBQ sauces for its unique characteristics.

I started with an 8.5 pound bone in turkey breast. I removed the bones and separated the breasts.

I then injected the breasts with a homemade cajun injector sauce.

Next step was to slide a few small pieces of butter under the skin for added fat content to ensure a moist bird and some homemade cajun rub for the outside.

I put them on the Weber kettle over RO lump and fought the wind to keep a steady temp which was tricky since it was blowing pretty good all evening.
After about an hour and a half they read a proper IT of 170. I tented them with foil and allowed the breasts to rest for 10 minutes while I made the Alabama White Sauce.
These photos were taken after the rest.

And the secret funky weapon; the Alabama White Sauce.

And last but not least the entire meal plated. The white sauce was great with the cajun spices since it helped balance out the heat. The combo was like a match made in heaven.
Please use this last photo for the throwdown.
Thanks for looking!

Weber Kettle 22.5" Restored "J" - Black
Weber Kettle 18.5" "DR" - Black
Weber Smoky Joe "F"- Black
Weber Genesis - Black
Weber Go-Anywhere - Black
UDS which surprisingly is not black
Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->